Product overview and how to get started
The Bluelab Soil pH Pen is an accurate way to measure soil pH and temperature directly in the root zone of your plants soil and media. If needed, the soil pH pen can be used in nutrient solutions.
Simply make a hole in your soil or media with the attached soil dibber and insert the probe to get consistent pH and temperature measurements.
Selectable units for °C and °F
Backlit LCD display
Hold reading function
Integrated storage cap / dibber
- Register your limited written 1-year warranty with Bluelab
- Download the technical specs sheets in English
Download the Bluelab Soil pH Pen manual in your language:
Important: You must calibrate your pH pen before first use.
- Use the storage cap/dibber to make a hole in your soil or media. Go as deep as your plant roots.
- Gently remove the storage cap by unscrewing the cap first and gently pulling to remove the probe. The cap contains KCl solution, so be careful not to spill the liquid. Salt crusting around the probe is normal.
- Turn the pen on and insert the probe into the hole. Ensure the probe tip is contacting the soil at the end of the hole. The display will stabilise giving you your pH and temperature measurement.
- Rinse after use to remove nutrient or soil buildup and replace the storage cap/dibber.
Calibrate after every clean and at least monthly.
- Turn the pH pen on.
- Calibrate to pH 7 by placing probe tip in fresh pH 7 solution. Wait for reading to stabilise to between pH 6.6 - pH 7.5.
Long press the Cal button until CAL is displayed. Release the button. A calibration sequence will start sequentially flashing “0” across the display. After “0000” stops flashing, the sequence is complete. Rinse the probe tip in fresh tap water.
- Repeat with pH 4 solution.
- A checkmark will confirm successful calibration.
Clean and calibrate your Soil pH Pen at least once a month to keep the probes accurate. If the probe accidently dries out, hydrate the pen for 24 hours using Bluelab KCl solution.
Still can’t find what you're looking for? Contact Support